Thursday, May 23, 2013

Rough night for Boston sports

On a night when the New York Rangers took their first game of the Eastern Conference Semifinal series from the Bruins, the Red Sox got absolutely clobbered by the Indians at Fenway Park. Sure, the Bruins are still up in the series 3-1, but if any fanbase can tell you about how comeback from 3-0 is possible, it's Boston.

I still think the Bruins will take the series, despite what people like to say about possible momentum shifts. As for the Red Sox, the only silver lining to tonight's defeat is that it means good things for former Sox skipper Terry Francona, now the Indians manager.

Like most Red Sox fans, I have a lot of fond memories of Tito, and I wish him nothing but good - except when his new team is playing the Red Sox. So far this year, it seems like Francona's Indians can do no wrong, as they boast a 26-19 record, good for first place in the AL Central.

I guess if the Red Sox had to return from a three-city roadtrip to a beating like this one, I guess I'm glad that one of my favorite non-Red Sox baseball personalities gets to benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment