Sunday, June 16, 2013

With more theatrics, Bruins even the series


After the exhausting debacle on Wednesday night, I have to admit that I was nervous and exasperated when the Bruins and Blackhawks ended regulation play last night, tied 1-1. I kept thinking how awful it would be to lose in sudden death for the second game in a row, and how annoyed I was going to be if I stayed up through three overtime periods AGAIN to watch the Blackhawks celebrate.

But thankfully, the Bruins came through, as Daniel Paille scored the winning goal with just over six minutes to go, tying the series at one game apiece heading back to Boston for Games 3 and 4. No matter what happens, there will be at least one more game in Chicago, and for what it's worth, I'm pretty confident that this series is going to go seven games.

In the first two games of this Stanley Cup Finals, these two teams could not be more evenly matched - we have yet to see a regulation length contest. For the first two periods of Game 1, it looked like the Bruins were going to take this thing easily, but it's become clear that it won't be that easy. I'm not sure I can handle this kind of excitement for five more games, but I know I'll miss it when it's all over - though if the Bruins bring home the Stanley Cup again, I'm sure I'll have an easier time dealing with that imminent hockey withdrawal.

No comments:

Post a Comment