Monday, June 17, 2013

Game 3 tonight!


It's never ideal to have an off day after a loss, and the Red Sox just dopped three out of four games to the Orioles, and have today to brood about it. Luckily for us Boston sports fans, there is something to distract our attention: Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I'm guessing that quite a few Red Sox players will also tune in, especially as many of them sport such fantastic Bruins playoff beards.

I'm twice as excited as I normally would be for this game. Beyond the normal adrenaline that comes from an overtime win and tying up the series, I get to watch the Bruins without ignoring the Red Sox. Yes, I'm aware that it's the Cup, while the Sox still have more than half of their season left to play, but I'm a baseball girl above all else, and I always feel a little guilty when the Red Sox are playing and I'm watching something else - anything else.

That won't be a problem tonight, since the Red Sox won't return to Fenway to take on the Rays until tomorrow, when they'll play a day-night double header and then a regular night game on Wednesday. Tonight is all about the Bruins, and I don't know about you, but if there's another overtime this evening I'm going to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment