Thursday, July 19, 2012

I love you, Cody Ross!


 I haven't been able to watch a Red Sox game in about a month, due the constraints and demands of my summer job (I'm working at a sleepaway summer program at a boarding school), but last night I caught most of the game on the radio, because I was chauffeuring CITs around in a school van.

When I first picked them up, they climbed in and the first thing out of their mouths was "Of COURSE you're listening to this." It should come as no surprise that I catch up with the Red Sox in any way possible, and the kids didn't seem to mind too much - although I'm sure it annoyed them when I cut conversation off mid-sentence every time there was a run-scoring play (especially seeing how common an occurrence that was last evening).

I came away from last night's game with one thought burned into my brain: it's time for me to finally invest in a Cody Ross shirt.  Ross was on fire last night, going yard twice and racking up six RBIs.  Although I was listening on the radio and not seeing him on a television, I'm sure all of it went down with Ross's usual unbridled enthusiasm.

You all know I have a special place in my heart for players who play with such joy and reckless abandon, so it's downright shameful that Cody Ross isn't yet a part of my Red Sox wardrobe. I'll be taking care of that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment