Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Sox top Padres


I missed the first eight and a half innings of tonight's game because I was in class: graduate school started yesterday and we've hit the ground running. Of course, I surreptitiously monitored the progress of the Red Sox as consistently as possible, and was thrilled every time I checked in by the excellent start from John Lackey.

You can't script it any better than this: the starter goes eight strong innings, allowing just a one run on six hits and a single base on balls. Lackey had excellent control tonight, striking out six Padres in his eight innings before giving way to closer Koji Uehara for the ninth. Uehara nailed down the win for Lackey with a clean inning, facing the minimum number of batters and returning to the dugout in victory soon after he took the mound.

As much as I'm enjoying my classes so far, I'm looking forward to tomorrow - no night class means I can watch the Sox from beginning to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment