Friday, July 5, 2013

Preparing for sleep deprivation


I hate Red Sox West Coast road trips. Like, I really, seriously LOATHE West Coast road trips. I'm one of those people who's really finicky about my sleep schedule, to the point that I'll ditch my friends to go home and sleep. But as you all know by now, I'm also extremely serious about the Red Sox, and I'm willing to sacrifice a consistent sleep schedule for a few days to watch them play.

That being said, I'm pretty happy that there are two afternoon starts during this particular trip, as well as Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN, meaning that the game will start at 8pm this Sunday. If ESPN didn't have this Sunday's game, we'd get a third afternoon start, so in addition to suffering through the inanity of non-NESN play-by-play, we have to do it until around 11pm.

The Red Sox will have Felix Doubront starting for them tonight against Angels lefty C.J. Wilson. Though Doubront's ERA is nearly a run higher than Wilson's, I have confidence that he can begin the road trip on a high note for the Sox. The Red Sox bats have been on a roll lately, and they made quick work of Wilson the last time they faced him, so Doubront should have enough run support to earn the win... around 1am tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment