Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tito's Cleveland Misadventures


The early returns for John Farrell's managerial career in Boston are overwhelmingly positive, as the Red Sox won the home opener yesterday to bring their record to a division-best 5-2, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't still miss old friend Terry Francona. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating trying to snag him back from the Indians, but some days I'm overcome with nostalgia.

ESPN has a funny article about Tito somehow getting lost during his two-block walk to Progressive Field for the Indians opener yesterday. Francona commented about how he was unused to the friendliness of Clevelanders, but I don't take it personally, because I've always considered people outside of New England to be unnervingly affable.

Seriously though, click through and red the whole piece; it's super short, and a good use of three minutes - I promise you'll chuckle. I'm certainly happy with John Farrell thus far (though after the Bobby V. fiasco, I'm easily pleased), but Tito will forever have a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment