Sunday, April 4, 2010

36,000 of my closest friends...

This morning, I went to the dining hall to get a quick brunch before I head off to Boston for the game, and I managed to become best friends with half of the workers, and mortal enemies with the rest.

I was sporting my "Fenway is Where I Pray" shirt, and one of them told me he liked it: "You should wear that every day," he said. I replied that it was, after all, Easter, which was good for a hearty laugh. Now, being in Connecticut means that I'm smack in the middle of the divide between Red Sox and Yankee Country, so there are a fair amount of fans on both sides working at and attending Trinity College.


At this point, one of the Yankee fans chimed in. "You'll be crying tonight," he told me with a grin. I decided not to get into CC Sabathia's April statistics, or the fact that Mark Teixeira is a notoriously slow starter. Instead, I went with something short and sweet:


"Nope. I'll be at Fenway Park, on my feet cheering with 36,000 of my closest friends."

See you there!

1 comment:

  1. If you cried last night, it was definitely tears of joy! :)

    ReplyDelete