Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A numbers game.

It's official: I need professional help.

I went skiing with some friends this weekend (it's why there wasn't a post - sorry!), and they pointed out the extent of my obsession.

As you can see from the above photo, Cranmore's lifts have numbered chairs, and so every time I sat on one, I muttered the name of the last Red Sox player to wear that number. My friends thought this was hilarious and ridiculous, "Only you," they claimed.

I, of course, protested. There are other people out there like me: I can't be the only skier that, upon settling into Chair #42 thinks Mo Vaughn... Reitred by MLB for Jackie Robinson... Still worn by Mariano [The Android] Rivera...

During our last run, we should have gotten on Chair #14, but I made everyone wait so we could ride #15. Now, I know what you're thinking. Jim Rice wore #14. JIM RICE!

But if you know me at all, you know that Dustin Pedroia will always have my heart - even on the slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment