Friday, January 22, 2010

Dustin "Daddy" Pedroia

It's official. Dustin Pedroia is a homebody. Now, there's nothing wrong with that, and his obvious devotion to his wife and son is refreshing, so long as he's also still devoted to winning (I don't think that's ever going to change). I stumbled upon this piece by the Sacramento Bee's Joe Davidson yesterday, and I just can't let it go without comment.

"It's been the greatest thing. Having a baby really changes you. You feel so fortunate. I look at life differently. I feel more at ease, more laid back, and I love the idea of being a great father. It's fun watching him grow every day." - Dustin Pedroia

Dustin Pedroia? Laid back? I didn't think I would ever see those words together, but there it is.

It seems that Dustin "Daddy" Pedroia circa Mike Lowell's 2007 charity event has been replaced by Dustin Pedroia, Daddy.













The before.... and the after...


I'm sure it's all for the best: Pedey isn't the type to let his work suffer. In fact, it's probably good that he has something besides baseball to be enthusiastic about. And if Dylan's anything like his father, he's going to be one cute kid:

Sorry, couldn't resist... but in all seriousness:

Clearly, the focus was acquired at an early age...

As was the hustle...

And that smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment