Saturday, January 3, 2009

About me:

Basically, I started this blog because I am more than a little preoccupied with the Red Sox, and since I'm beginning to run out of Sox blogs to read, I thought I would write my own; even if no one even reads it, I'll have a space for my thoughts [since my immediate family tunes me out when I start waxing poetic about the genius of Bill James].

Most of my friends are what you would call "casual fans," and therefore have no interest in Dustin Pedroia's OPS+ [you'll discover in short order that I have a minor obsession with our diminutive second basemen]. It makes me feel a little better [read: not insane] that I've found whole online communities of people like myself, whose lives are all but consumed with baseball in general and the Red Sox in particular.

I plan to post every day, since one of the things that frustrates me most about my favorite blogs is that I sometimes have to wait for new entries. I understand that most bloggers have actual jobs to attend to, but really, what are people's priorities?? [Another upside to Off the Monster: since I'm a student, I have a disgraceful amount of free time on my hands, which of course means more time to write.]

However, I think that's enough for now. Oh, and for those who are interested, Pedroia's OPS+ was 122 in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment