Monday, June 29, 2009

Photo of the Day

After yesterday's loss where the bats couldn't seem to wake up, coupled with a Yankees win (and Rivera's 500th career save - why is it impossible to hate him?), the Red Sox are now three games up on the Yankees in the AL East. They boast the best record in the AL (46-29), and the second best in baseball, behind only the Los Angeles Dodgers (48-28). So why do I feel so... lackluster... today? The only explanation I can come up with is the fact that the Sox ended the road trip with a loss, coupled with the seemingly never-ending rain that keeps falling from the sky here in North Conway, New Hampshire. Honestly, the rain has more to do with it: I almost feel like I should be building an ark.

Now, on to the photo of the day, which needs no introduction:As you can see from the timestamp on the picture, this was taken on a team flight during the summer of 2007. My favorite part of this is that Paps - the young stud, has a Budweiser, while Mikey Lowell - the elder statesman, if you will, has a Bud Light... Mikey knows that you need to watch those calories as you get older. Paps also has that "I can finally be photographed with alcohol because I'm 21 now" look, even though he would have been 26 at the time, and it's just priceless. I would pay SO MUCH money to be allowed to witness the shenanigans that go down during team flights.

No comments:

Post a Comment