Sunday, March 30, 2014

Turning the Page

©Kayla Chadwick 2013
Red Sox players' desire to "turn the page" on last season has been well-documented - and from a player's perspective, it makes perfect sense. You can't win games this season while reminiscing about last season - no matter how spectacular those memories are.

But as a fan, I'm not ready to turn the page. Last season was incredible, from April to October, made all the sweeter because of the terrible disappointment of 2012.

But now we're on the cusp of a new season (yes, I know technically the season is two games old, but I'm ignoring what happened Down Under), and last year's World Series is about to be relegated to the history books, whether we're ready or not.

Soon enough, I'll be swept up in the new season, but I reserve the right to live in the past for just a little longer - at least until the Red Sox home opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment