Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Help - I'm getting taunted by a Cleveland fan!



This is getting out of hand.  Don’t get me wrong; I’m confident that the Red Sox will eventually turn this thing around – they’re easily capable of rattling off a ten game winning streak, and then we’re sitting pretty at 10-4, and everything will be right with the world.

In the meantime, however, I’m in Senegal, getting taunted by a Cleveland fan (I would say Indians fan, but baseball isn’t the top of his list, really).  The sad thing is that I have no retort for him.  The Red Sox are 0-1 against the Tribe so far this year, and his half-joking threat that we’re about to get swept by the lowly Indians is still within the realm of possibility.

I’ve not been able to watch a single game, between the time difference and lack of reliable internet, and I’m honestly on the verge of blaming myself for this extensive losing streak (though I’m hardly the superstitious type).  This is just unbearable – I know 4-game losing streaks happen, even to very good teams, but it’s twice as hard to bear when it happens at the very outset of the season.

I know that we’re better than this.  All of the players know that they’re better than this.  However, with the exceptions of David Ortiz, Adrian Gonzalez, and Dustin Pedroia, the entire team is hitting below the Mendoza line, and the pitching rotation has been a mess.  It has to get better, because I just won’t be able to handle it getting any worse.

I’m currently typing this during class (yes, yes, I know, I’m a terrible student), and the aforementioned Cleveland fan is showing me highlights of last night’s game on his computer, and then smirking repeatedly.  Please, Red Sox, give ME something to smirk about - this can only end badly, otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment