Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's not New Year's, yet!

Sorry to burst your collective bubble, but New Year's Day isn't until Friday, April 1, 2011 - just three months after the rest of the world celebrates!

This seems like as good a time as any to warn you that posting will be EXTREMELY sporadic in the coming months. I'm about to embark on a semester long adventure to India, Senegal, and Argentina, and I won't be returning until the end of May.

[Interestingly enough, I had the choice between studying abroad for fall semester 2010 or spring semester 2011. I chose spring 2011 because I didn't want to miss the playoffs... that worked out well.]

Anyway, my internet access will be limited and spotty, so I'll update whenever possible. In my absence I humbly suggest you turn to the articulate and informed blogs listed on the blogroll to the right, as well as the fantastic coverage provided over at Boston.com.

I've done the math, and I'll be missing a grand total of 48 games - nearly 30% of the season including Opening Day, plus all of Spring Training. I'm hoping some of you will be able to help keep me updated either via comments here, Twitter, email (mine is listed in my complete profile), or by comments on the Off the Monster Facebook page.

If and when I manage to update, I'll post links on both Facebook and Twitter - so if you aren't a follower of those pages, click the links above (I promise not to spam you).

No comments:

Post a Comment