Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Tale of Two Pennants (in Tweets)

It's no secret that I love Twitter. I've been pretty delinquent actually tweeting this season since (A) my summer residencde lacked internet access, and (B) my life has been a busy mess now that I'm back at school. However, I do still check on a regualr basis, and collect screengrabs of my favorite comments. And so, without further ado, here are some of the best tweets of the LCS:

Interestingly enough, both series ended with opposing hitters looking at strike three.



Red Sox Nation will remember his feeling well... I don't think any of us could believe out luck six years ago.


See above.

Too much awesome. Nolan Ryan is a bamf, and I hope he's willing to pay Cliff to stick around.

True to form, Craig Sager wore some truly ridiculous and retina-burning ensembles this postseason. Here's hoping the Rangers and/or Giants can douse some more of those awful suits in champagne.

Preach.

Because of Josh Hamiliton's long-documented struggle with alcoholism, the Rangers doused him in ginger ale instead of champagne. As far as I can ascertain, there was no powdered sugar around, despite Manager Ron Washington's confession of cocaine use early in the season.

TRUTH.

Merry bunch of misfits FTW.

As much as I hate Girardi, that ad was hilarious. So was the intentional walk followed by the three-run homer, but for different reasons.


Texas used to be a real country. True story.


Ummm... I totally plan on watching this series. And I'm thrilled with the matchup, despite the fact that the major networks and MLB are going to be crying over the small-market World Series.




[If you are the author of any of these tweets and desire their removal, please let me know and I will take them down.]

1 comment:

  1. As you know from twitter and the chats, I'm a Red Sox fan but I was beyond stoked to see the Giants do this. They're due for a turn at the big show even though my ex, the Giants fan who brought Brian Wilson into my life and I are no longer speaking. Ha ha. And I'm loving this for Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete